Thursday, February 5, 2009

Whoops...

I totally forgot I had a blog over here. I should probably update.

Well, I've met a few geocachers since last time. I did a team cache hunt with Jaffer and his kids which was a blast. The kids, the wife and I are going out with them this weekend.

Sunday, I'm going deep into the woods with Geraldinetomsmith to place, what I believe to be, Okinawa's first 5 difficulty, 5 terrain geocache. It's going to be wicked. The kind of wicked where you leave the kids and the dog at home. You bring a buddy in case you wind up breaking yourself. The kind where you curse the people who put the thing out there. It will be tough, it will make you want to quit, it will give you the satisfaction of conquering it should you tough it out to the end. The goal, torture. The reward, torture... and maybe a nice view along the way... but mostly torture.

In other news, I created yet another cache from everyday items. This one took a broken nano container, a bolt, a nut, a washer, and some pieces of fake foliage, some paint, and a little glue.

The result? Carrot Cache!

6 comments:

Just John said...

That's downright cruel! Creative though.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Is the carrot plastic? We have packrats here and they LOVE to eat plastic! 8^(

This is awesome.

MuggleN0More said...

Love this! Ye, what is this cache made of? Genius, Just genius!

MuggleN0More said...

OK, so I saw the list of items you used to create it. My next question...can you make another one so I can buy it off you?

I'm very serious!

Hi, My name is: Tim said...

Quilting Fritzy: The original carrot I made was actually a fake Styrofoam carrot I bought in a garden shop. I built it into a cache and then did the "Mongo Test" where I brought it to work to let Marines play with it to see if it would break. It did. So I went back to the drawing board and bought a thick dowel and carved it down to the same shape. I then used the "fringe" from the first carrot to decorate the reinforced wooden one. The "fringe" is metal and some papery-cloth stuff.

Hi, My name is: Tim said...

MuggleNOMore: I wouldn't know where to begin with selling one. Let me work on getting home and I'll see what I can do about at least making it.